Tax Articles
Introducing Our Firm
Our Services
Real Estate Taxletter
Need Help?
Other Websites
Site Map

Find us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Connect on Google+

How do I buy real estate under a corporation?

April 15, 2005

Subject:  Question - Corporation
Date:  Tue, 22 Mar 2005
From:  Moshesh


Can you guide me about how to buy real estate under a corporation?


Date:  Fri, 01 Apr 2005

Hello Moshesh,

Very rarely would I recommend buying real estate and holding it in a corporation. There are other ways of holding real estate, including limited liability companies, that preserve the tax benefits of holding real estate and provide limited liability protection. If you have a corporation conducting an active trade or business, it's generally better to have the corporation lease the real estate from you or an entity owned by you and your family than for the corporation to own the property.

Good luck!
Mike Gray

We have more answers to frequently asked real estate tax questions! We also offer up-to-date information about new tax real estate tax developments in Michael Gray, CPA's Real Estate Tax Letter.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: As required by U.S. Treasury Regulations, you are hereby advised that any written tax advice contained on this website was not written or intended to be used (and cannot be used) by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.

How do I buy real estate under a corporation?

Home | Real Estate Taxletter | Articles | FAQ | Introducing Michael Gray, CPA | Need Help? | Other Links

Michael Gray, CPA
2190 Stokes St., Suite 102
San Jose, California 95128-4512
(408) 918-3162
Fax (408) 998-2766
email: mgray@taxtrimmers.com
© 2016
Subscribe to
Michael Gray, CPA's
Real Estate Tax Letter