Is interest income on property sales taxable if I move to Nevada?

April 28, 2003

Subject:  California Tax Liability

From:  Dennis
Date:  Tue, 07 Jan 2003

Hi Mike -- After my wife and I move to Nevada, our primary income with be interest derived from the carry-back of property which we recently sold in California. I believe that any capital gain from the sale is subject to California taxes. Is the interest income also taxable in California?



Date:  04 Apr 2003

The interest will not be taxable by California. See FTB Publication 1100, Taxation of Nonresidents and Individuals Who Change Residency.

Good luck!
Mike Gray

We have more answers to frequently asked real estate tax questions! We also offer up-to-date information about new tax real estate tax developments in Michael Gray, CPA's Real Estate Tax Letter.

Michael Gray, CPA
2482 Wooding Ct.
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 918-3162
FAX: (408) 938-0610
Hours: 8am - 5pm PDT Monday - Friday

Find us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Connect on Google+
Our Blog
© 2018

Subscribe to Michael Gray, CPA's
Tax & Business Insight

We respect your email privacy